Thanks for the replies ! Can anyone tell me what the fuel and oil capacity is ? Or on the flip side, how long does it run on a tank of fuel ?
I decided to get the 572. Western with heated handlebars and winter kit. It will be my winter saw. I have a couple 460 Stihls and a 288 for...
I can't wait to wood er down good. At a minimum its a half cord sled . max will be a full 128 cuft. There is a lot I'll learn about it as I get...
I guesstimate that it weighs 270 lbs. I can flip it upside down by hand without much difficulty.
Finally and at long last . Thank God ! ! Its not perfect . but its pretty good ! [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It pulls very easy so far. I was...
When its real cold the air is real dry. I don't get carb icing in the cold. Its a bald headed sonofagun between +20 to+40 F if it's snowing or...
I'm not much on fishin. Moose and bou for me !
I've gotten old so I don't push it. Coldest I've ever spent the day in the brush was 52 below ambient. Had some days where it got down to full mid...
That 2nd log up from the butt looks like it would make lumber. Nice score either way !
That is Awesome ! That is a great setup.
You da man Todd !
Looks Great. I would be nervous in those dry conditions also. !
Got the hitch done and the plastics for the bottom ripped. All I need to do is screw them on . then attach the side tie downs. I had to go thru a...
Took longer to make the stays than I thot it would today. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I had to heat the middle of the stays on the crab cooker ....
One of the other benefits of heated handle bars is the heated air flow into the throat of the carb . Reduces carb icing. Which is a royal pita in...
Last I knew Stihl won't sell Arctic models in the U.S. Husky will so I'll prolly get a 572XPG Western. The full wrap is available on special...
I'll only get one If they are available with heated handlebars. I'm too old to put up with froze hands running a saw that costs that much. !
The shorter bars really let the saw turn up Fast. Makes it funner for some things.
I did a lot of bolting yesterday These are day before yesterday's pics.. Today is hitch building day. Hope I can bend the 1" id steel pipe ....
Almost there. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]