Looks like everything is holding up really well for you Dave... :) I think your "Twin Leaning Towers" stacking method is a winner for sure....
Sorry you lost your buddy Jack. We had a cat a while ago that acted more like a dog than a cat, taking walks with us just like a dog would. I...
What about an IR tube heater? I have one in my garage/shop and it works really well. No moisture issues and it heats objects (me) quickly with no...
Great deal! Your gonna love it! We will need plenty of pics of your BBQ....:drool:
Nice looking wood for sure! Perfect size too, nice and manageable... Not too punky yet either. That Beech will be nice also. :) :thumbs:
That's a couple beautiful stacks you have there! Your fortunate to get that load.. :dancer:
All depends.. Depends on the type of wood also, some hold the moisture in more than others if left unsplit. Nothing wrong with big rounds or big...
Don't be burning those Bimbo boxes!! :eek:
Nice job Stinster! Nice to use the JD to bring all that wood in? :) Even with all the cutting, splitting, wood shed building etc. we all do,...
What did you end up getting there Nick? It looks like it was dead somewhat barkless? Looks like it may be pretty dry too? :)
Very nice work Dave! It will be a nice heirloom for someone someday.. Really like the dovetail work... :)
Congrats on the new splitter! Were all going to question this "new splitter" until we see the pics though...:whistle: First splitter? I just...
Welcome to the forum.... Looking forward to seeing your pics.... :) Papadave will have you mispelling words in no time....:rofl: :lol:
Piece of cake with the splitter... Going to get a little sap on you though...
I have hand split a few over the years. Splits pretty easy, but expect a lot of branches off the trunk so those are tougher. If its starting to...
Great pics Dave! Stacks look like they are holding up well... Looks cold... Daylight getting a little shorter these days?
Its a great price but this is a rural, very heavily wooded area and it's unseasoned, it will weigh a lot less if it were seasoned. Still a good...
I could see them showing you ink blots asking what they remind you of.... - firewood - woodstove - chainsaw - oak stacks :rofl: :lol:
Im thinking this is not a bad way to judge the load. We have a firewood dealer by us that sells unseasoned oak for $65.00/ton delivered, but...
I think most golf courses frown upon this type of behavior... :whistle: