Feels good doesn't it!.? :yes: Looks like you have a fair mount of wood too! Did it make its way down in your basement already?
http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/anybody-burn-hackberry.9547/
Aspen, pine, poplar, pine, ash and red or silver maple all should dry pretty quick. My Aspen dries in 8 months down to 14%. Not sure why Bill had...
Nice looking stacks.. White oak and cherry, doesn't get much better than that! :yes: I like your stacks between the trees, I do that too when I...
Looks like Cherry to me. Congrats, nice size one too!
I usually do the same thing. Hardwood at night and sassafras, aspen, tulip and sycamore during the day if I'm home. Quick heat in the AM and burns...
I would be curious what it measured near the base? It's a big one fore sure!
Tulip Poplar? Nice Scrounge whatever it is....
Grandpa Gets An iPad Watch the following short clip that takes less than a minute. In fact it's 32 secs. A daughter is visiting her father and...
Very nice! Good day to be out getting out in the woods a bit....:) Nice size Cherry you got there too. :thumbs:
Nice score you got there Loon! You should get a decent amount of nice wood from them... :) Better weather than they were predicting for sure....
Little paint and a little Bondo... :thumbs:
Looks nice out in the woods with the light coat of snow everywhere... You almost forget how hot this job is when its summer time.... I bet that...
Nice looking wood you got there! Feels good to get that done I bet...:thumbs: It would be enjoyable cutting with your father too. :)
That's unbelievable! I bet he will look at life a little differently now given this act of God on his behalf. Wonder how long it will take to...
I do the same thing. I like having some lighter wood to start fires and mix in when you need some quick heat. Helps a lot in the morning to...
Welcome Rat! Seems to me your a lot like everyone else on this forum and that's a firewood hoarder... :yes: You need some bigger...
Nice job Sav! :yes: Is that ash?
All good suggestions....:thumbs: I think I will try cutting a small 4" sapling (maybe that broken tree branch in the pick will work) and wedge...
I haven't had much luck with dead birch. They seem to rot pretty quick. :( Hopefully your experience will be better. :)