I want the cottonwood! JK. I know it might interest you. ;) Any decent logs for you? I don't recall what was there except the bigger...
Uh oh!!! :startled: Hope the BL wasn't touched! Been a while since I've scored catalpa. Hard to find it nice and straight. Kinda grows like...
It is great smoking wood. We've used it a couple times on the new smoker. My last couple scores were by luck. I traded some general cordage...
They do like being closer to God, right? :whistle: Looks good! Any of it HVBW? All to become firewood?
Were they cremated? :whistle: :coldfire: :D
Sounds like a good deal. Nice to have connections. Post pics if you do.
Made short work of those rounds. Sweet set up and always a pleasure to watch.
Yes. The stuff reeks. Makes some nice splits though.
Drove by this the other day and thought of this thread. My travels took me near there today. [ATTACH] Couldn't leave the TOH behind. [ATTACH]...
Actually very little aroma. Few whiffs, but not like the other aromatic woods...sassafras, white oak etc. Yes some gnarly pieces. I try to...
Thinking yours might be ash. Not 100% sure though. WW is rather light when dry.
Split the load today and stacked it all. [ATTACH] Topped off a half cord rack and a third started. [ATTACH] I put aside pretty splits for...
Just happened upon a pic of white walnut I scrounged back around labor day.[ATTACH]
The only time I see "wild" grown ones are where they seed themselves on property lines and grow unchecked.
Gnarly chunk wood can be very dense. Take sugar maple for example. Gnarly, knotty yard trees are a dime a dozen a round here. SM itself is an...
Sunset from an apple orchard where is was cutting yesterday. Zoomed pic so a bit blurry.[ATTACH]
After further study of the rounds, it may be silver maple based on the darker heartwood. The bark has a red maple look to it. Maybe another...
Apple[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Just to remind you Dave this is the BEST dad jokes thread! :picard::rofl: :lol:
What did the sock say to the shirt as they tumbled around the washing machine? "Meet me at the clothesline, that's where I hang out"