X27. I like it so far but kind of wish I went with the Isocore instead, especially when dealing with knotty rounds like these.
Cherry by itself is kind of underwhelming in my experience. It burns with low flames, not a lot of heat and leaves piles of charcoal behind. But...
I have 2 main scrounging areas that are full of standing dead trees which are close to the road. Every time there's a significant storm, more come...
Your artwork always impresses me Russ. I'm a little envious that you live in an area with a sprawling timber industry, and as such have access to...
I really like burning that combination. :thumbs:
A little jump start this afternoon. Tomorrow I’ll have time for a full load. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
[MEDIA]I’m
I just got the 028 back together. New 028 super top end, and while I was in there I replaced the impulse line and the crank seals. Ready to test...
Nice drone shots. Lots of beetle killed spruce/fir out there I see? Very sad.
Not as nasty a forecast as for those out on Cape Cod, but I'm fine with that. [ATTACH]
This area is where I scrounge half of my entire inventory, and have only been beaten to a score once in the 8 years I've been scrounging here....
I should’ve taken a before picture but I was in a hurry to clear the roadway. This standing dead red oak came down across the road near my work. I...
Rain, 46 heading to the low 60s. No fire today for the first time in a while.
I've got the Jonsered equivalent of the Husqvarna 350 and although I don't have much trigger time on it yet, I really like it so far. Very light...
I finally got my order with Rural King to go through and have 8 gallons of bar oil inbound. It ended up costing $6.40/gallon so not too bad at all.
Another vote for plastic that became brittle due to extreme cold. I keep my saws in a garage space that’ll get chilly, but not ambient outside...
What's on the other side of the guardrail? White oak or more red? Road looks well traveled, route 22?
Excellent grab! Will Craig be partaking in some of the oak eventually? You know it's a big score when your smaller log is 33" :faint:
I just tried that and got a pending charge on my bank account, but no email confirmation from Rural King yet. We'll see what happens. I could wake...
The Rural King site must not like Yankees lol. Tried my debit card and it was declined multiple times. Tried my credit card and it keeps freezing...