$1000-$1200 if it is in nice condition. New cat is $125.
I let the ash build up some in the shoulder season to hold the coals and stretch out small loads without having to relight.
5pm to 7pm on 2/3's of a load? That's only two hours :p Nice burn.
+1 The LED readout makes it obvious if he understands that water won't burn.
Here is a pic of wildwest's fire [ATTACH] :rofl: :lol:
After a year and a half I'd be looking for an answer. 15% MC rules out wood. That leaves stove, chimney or location. Draft problems during calm...
CAT STOVES- Pros- Long burn times, controllability, higher efficiency (even with wet wood supposably), sustained low BTU burns for shoulder season...
De-rail: I thought the DW was larger and would out heat the KS?
When comparing the stoves in different locations, do the results account for all the new insulating and air sealing?
What happened to it?
Last longer? I don't know but I think the technology is moving forward.
It glows all the time. Well, not all the time but it glows a lot. If it's glowing you know it's working, but it is often working great with no...
I installed a DuraFoil SS cat last Dec. It works much better than my original SS cat ever did IMHO. [ATTACH]
Todd, you're not monitoring cat temp this year?
Most of it fell out and rotted on the ground, some of what's left probably is dry. Yes and yes 30 years and still wet:eek:. Was the heartwood...
DexterDay from another thread, "I have personally had a MS 360 with an intellicarb that would bog under load. Had an OEM filter and several seen...
Same here. Stihls and splitters are usually cheaper new.
^Standing Dead Red Oak^ 16" DBH, I think it died three years ago. Most of the top has fallen out. Not even close ;) A split from the round above...
Probably
Are you getting much more heat from the PH? How does it compare to the Princess? Same size firebox....