Looks good Brian. Nice job. It will look even better with the new IS sitting on it.
Cat soves are so simple to operate, there isn't much fiddling to do. Reload, get it going, engage the cat- repeat in 10-40 hours.
Is it that thorny because it growing out in the open? I don't remember seeing one in the open. Probably get cleared out because of the problems...
I've seen thorns that long but never that many. Nasty stuff right there.
My 2 cents on soapstone heat lag after 3 winters with the Keystone, coming from a lifetime of plate steel. Soapstone is slower to warm than plate...
I was wondering about this. Never done it but if you had the time to wait, it should work.
And it's now in the OPE forum.?
I've never burned a non-cat, so no personal experience. I heat 1532 sqft of new, very tight house. I do one 10 hr and one 14 hr burn per 24 hrs...
Looks like a very productive tree. High BTU, straight, small top, easy splitting, easy to get to, etc. I like those.
I feel like that when I get in a stock diesel truck.:hair: It feels like someone left the anchor out.
Lots of Hackberry around here. Usually seen as a low quality nuisance tree, but it'll burn.
:doh:
Welcome to FHC Nick. Looks like some serious firepower :fire:
Maybe they meant the water deteriorates :yes: The water in my wood gets stale and evaporates :smoke:
Same here, works great.
http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/plugged-primary.7629/#post-183931
http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/the-official-fhc-christmas-tree-thread-lets-see-em.1744/page-2#post-36637
Seconaries can look much different. Even in the same stove. One of my favorite's from the Woodstock Keystone. Volume down;) [MEDIA]
I can't get CL to load this morning. Sounds like a great buy.
It's a great little stove but small. What are you planning to heat with it?