Good stuff.
Would extending the liner be difficult? If the KS burns fine fine above ~.5, how about putting a stop in the slot for the draft control? My...
Well said. I shoveled ashes for most of my life and always had a light film of ash on the stove when I was finished trying to slide them off the...
+1, as long as its in good shape when you buy it. Pro saws are nicer, but at a price.
The pics are not showing up for me.
I won custody of my oldest daughter :dancer::handshake::rootintootin::BrianK:
I've had this from a dirty air scoop screen but haven't let the cat get that dirty yet. Of course either could cause it.
Try Bois d'arc. Locally pronounced "Bowed Arc".
Correct, the new cats don't use a frame. I kept my old frame also just in case.
About how long did you leave the door open? Have to open it more than once?
Agreed. A clean chimney can't have a chimney fire. No fuel to burn.
I think you'll like the new SS cat, especially during it's hyperactive stage.
I had an old Sierra that was designed to burn with the doors open, but I wouldn't have wanted to try it from an over-fire condition.
Looks like it was due but I've never seen a ceramic in person.
NOT trying to start an argument. I know it is common advice for cooling an over-fire. This has never sat well with me. I've opened the door on a...
Something about this has never sat well with me. Going to start a new thread about this.
Many stoves survive overfiring. Hopefully yours is fine.
I've had this happen with brown beans once. After comparing notes, the same thing had happened to two different friends and we had bought the...
Got any pics? Maybe start a thread....
So would an electric furnace :rofl: :lol: Probably more of a hobby than anything else.