Thinking about my start up business, I'm realizing there are some things I need. A larger more capable trailer, a chipper, etc. I decided to take...
If you drive a Toyota Corolla every day, then one day you get a chance to drive Nissan Sentra it peaks your interest. Its new...its exciting. New...
When Brad gets online, there will be a big push for Darth Locust. He'll try to convince people to go to the dark side.
I think the perfect size tree for firewood purposes is dependent person to person. Some people love working up huge blocks, as they make tons and...
I've seen some Ash trees just as big though. They season much quicker than RO, and split pretty nice. Any takers?
I know Red Oaks get absolutely massive. This one is 8' at the base. [IMG] This one was also huge [IMG] The one I just cut from my SIL's was...
I agree with Mike. Cut them shorter. At least short enough that you can maneuver them around. May have to put in some vertical stakes at the...
How big do Osage Orange trees get? All the pics I see look about the size of large Apple trees.
What type of trees are the logs from? Some species will rot out fairly quickly.
+1 You can tell by the oblong stains on the end grains (not sure the technical name), the bark, and the hollow interior.
I'm trying to envision what you are trying to do. Are the logs acting as a retaining wall on the low side of the trail?
I've never seen or burned Osage. Sounds like a great choice. I have to wonder though, if its so abundant why did only 5 people vote for it when...
I was surprised as well. Then again he was up against Black Locust who has a cult like following. If Shaggy went against any of the other winners...
Any predictions?
The time has come friends. All of the first round battles are over. Lets do a quick recap of the battles and winners. Battle #1---American Beech...
Its official!!! All first round battles are OVER!!! Congrats to Boxelder for a dominant performance against Sycamore. On to the finals!!!
New truck, new firewood racks, nice job man!!!
If you alter the design it would void the warranty on the CL. For a new one anyways. Check out the American splitters which I believe are made in...
Looks nice. Should serve you well!!!
Keep in mind, burn times will vary GREATLY depending on the wood burning appliance. Newer stoves like the Blaze Kings sometimes boast BT's of up...