I agree Jason. Lot to look at. So many variations in the appearance of the bark too...smooth bark in the smaller branches. As far as the grain, I...
If you haven’t, it’s best to not start! It’s like my cocaine:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
Amazing how many splits you can get off those big rounds! My guess is 25 - 30 each. Looks like you folks had a beautiful day to work:woodsign:...
I gotta go with white oak. The split pile especially looks like it to me. I cut most of a huge one up last year. Talk about some primo btus! Any...
Definitely cottonwood. Not the best burning but I have burnt plenty early and late in the heating season. Not what you want in the firebox on the...
We noticed yeast was an issue to get early on in this whole pandemic. My wife and I were like, “ are we missing something here”? The Lord himself...
Boy those little rounds add up! Got out for a couple hours this afternoon with the kids and stacked another 4 face cord. I’ll burn all of this in...
Little late to the party here, but I say definitely wear it out in public! In fact, I think you should scrounge for wood while wearing it. Knock...
That ought to keep you busy for a while. You know that Eastonmade will show up as soon as you’ve split that whole pile:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: I...
Life don’t get much better than that! You gotta drive home anyways...may as well haul some wood while your at it. Drives gonna get cheaper and...
Aahhhh! Those nearly white noodles! Textbook beech:thumbs:
Sounds like behind my in laws. I always end up with a little bit each year from big limbs and what not, but got a large blowdown this past year...
OUCH!:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
That’s because it was! Right yooperdave?
And when you’re all finished for the day “enter sandman”!
I do however like splitting it that way:hair:
Looks like a well kept woods! Good day to be out there. I love burning beech. Splitting not so much! Do you have a lot of the beech in the woods?
Some good looking rounds! You know the cure for the soreness is to train the body to the feeli n by hoarding even more:stacker:Either that or get...
Many thanks!
Dang! Reading some of the responses to Jeff’s post, and I gotta admit, I totally feel like Daniel in the karate kid movies and y’all are a bunch...