It’s probably about 7 or 8 miles from my wood yard. 14 miles from home. Not too bad, but definitely slow and steady with a full load:whistle:
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Made it out after virtual learning with the kiddos to retrieve what I had cut and left yesterday....
That cone is sweet! Seen the sleds for skidding before but the cone seems pretty failproof!
Pretty small firebox, and there were plenty of coals buried beneath the ash to get her going again this morning!:campfire:
Those big old football headed does sure can ruin a hunt with their sixth sense. Always good to take em out when the opportunity presents itself!...
Trust me, they don’t happen that often! The circumstances allowed:thumbs:
26 here. Loaded her down with some maple rounds and a couple splits. Probably won’t last till morning but I’m sure there will be coals to get...
When cutting and splitting at the same time, it all gets mixed together. When hauling rounds to split at a later time, it all gets separated into...
I can blame you brad! Id have stopped too:thumbs:
Alls well that ends well, right? I’ve been beating up my old gmc Sonoma for the seven years I’ve owned it and it’s still going strong.[ATTACH][ATTACH]
Seems you have thought all this through well. Quite a hoard you have on hand! Welcome to the forum, and looking forward to following your progress
It appears you have got up in the bucking world! Bet your back is thanking you! Looks like it worked well for you. We’re the lengths hefty getting...
Been the Been there done that! Sometimes I use the grinder and some times I file by hand. Just depends on how much time I have. It is nice to...
I agree! Way I see it, we already own it. I’m not paying the state to drive around looking for a tree that’s already down, close enough to the...
Seems this practice just draws more attention than if they didn’t put a sign out at all. Seen plenty of signs like that over the years. Gotta have...
Nice that you have a firewood buffer that has allowed for the trail clearing this year. I have been having the same thoughts about staying ahead...
Thanks brad! Back at it today. Had some help from father in law with cutting and brother in law helped load for a couple hours. I would fall the...
Thanks, it’s been fun. Really nice cutting in the fencerow and nice being able to cut a whole tree. I’m so used to just cutting tops in the woods,...
I had to break out the liner, but yes it was an 8x8. Would have liked not to have had to, but too snug. The liner is of course insulated and then...
Nice buck! Looks like a fighter. Michigan now allows the .450 and now the .350 in the shotgun zone as well. Looks like it worked well for you!:thumbs: