So I have been CSS maple from a score a fellow invited me to take. No one else has been there, and I want to help him out. I've split everything...
I guess I just don't have time to sit and smoke. Perhaps someday!
My novice thought, 2.5 cord, closer to 3 if you keep everything down to 2". Maybe a grand to drop it. Sca
Yes. Sweet fern. The smell the leaves give off when crunched, is the primary ingredient in citronella torches (im sure they have a synthetic...
My dad smoked for several years when I was young. My mom told me he (and she) liked apple flavored tobaccos. He always had a pouch, never saw...
That is one old-school wheelhorse! I second the Mother's Day wish to our moms, and the wives who keep after their men as if they were kids from...
Gong buoy off Watch Hill RI. Kayaking location.[ATTACH]
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Some sort of fungi on a porch post.
So I've started putting 4' pieces between rows to stabilize them against eachother. I dont do enough.....should have one every 3 or 4 feet. The...
On oil prices: we ran through 5 tanks/year, one September to November, one each month Dec, Jan, Feb, and one March through June. Would have been...
I just rediscovered my liking for those Ball plastic lids, for canning jars. We don't eat a lot of rice/oats/flax seed meal/split...
Mid 40's here, 55 all day. Small oak fire with a good handful of pine kindling. Right now would be a good time for black locust and its bed of...
Cash, come and get it. Oak, maple....BL... I have a 44' section of oak not yet cut (limbed tho). Half serious here, but I know the cost of gas...
There are several plans for off grid laundry machines, including a plunger in a 5G bucket, a 55G drum rotated on its side, and others. Washboards...
Toilets: composting, humanure, outhouse, water the trees. Lots can be done with grey water runnoff. Not sure what we'll do, but tossing fresh...
As age creeps up, I am more willing to split onsite....no more hauling rounds for me. Period. I can afford to take my time onsite, if I can't get...
So having water within reach, a way to move it, a good filtration system, and a way to store whatever one can store? I kinda favor onsite...
Ok. Point. Water storage ideas beyond temporary types (water bob)? Sca
An old concrete pad, used to be a garage or something here on the 'stead. I run the machine there. Its not so good for hand splitting, so I've...
5G buckets are good for a larger group that will be on hand, either at your place, or wherever you plan to go (you're pre positioning stuff there...