They do have similar bark, but they are not the same. The Black Birch has a minty smell to it. Like peppermint or wintergreen
True. Most gt blowers are 36"-42". Larger gt's often go to 48" like my Case/Ingersoll snow caster, which I actually added OEM side extensions to...
Only thing is it rots quick from the inside, so make sure to split it fairly quickly after cutting it to length
:popcorn:
You can find old garden tractors with front blowers pretty reasonably. A nice setup for less than the price of a new 3 point blower, never mind a...
It’s lightly snowing here. Very windy yesterday and last night. Temps about 32, still got that sweet, sweet Cherry in the firebox doing its thang
Very true. I’ve been surprised this year. Even with oil prices incredibly low, wood scores on CL and FBMP, even on the side of the road are...
Black Birch is great stuff. High BTU’s, splits easy, and seasons in a year.
The one saw plan sounds great until you get it pinched in a log and you’re a half mile in the woods, or you hit a rock and have no extra chains...
Could we use a little common sense here Bill? I could list a hundred examples. Lets stick with wood products If you buy pre cut stair stringers...
Frost protection is not required on buildings that small. The amount of sheds i see on tubes, posts or frost walls here in New England is.....zero...
At the very least, proper PPE, a good first aid kit, a phone, and tell someone where and how long you'll be cutting if you will be alone. I know a...
Pre-split....as in split by the company you bought the wood from before they deliver it to you.
The MM can still be useful for determining new drying techniques effectiveness
Yes, I believe Logrite makes Stihls peavey and can’t hook.
That's good. More of these idiots need to be called out. He sounds like a real douche. Hopefully a fine ensues
I've had logs so big, even hanging off the Logrite, the log just laughed, and I'm not a little or weak guy. One time it let go and I flew back...
You need a cant hook. I'd recommend the Log rite 60" version. 60" cant hook - Logrite.com - LogRite Tools LLC
You can get it to go against the lean. Just need some good wedges.
Another thread got me to thinking. All one really needs a wood burning appliance to burn wood. Could have your wood delivered pre-split. Pretty...