Thanks LP... Your fortunate to have all that locust and white oak.... I have never burned a stick of locust in my life yet... Just never ran in...
Well I agree with your oak and elm comments! I can stack one perfectly straight and in a couple years it looks like a blind drunk dog stacked...
Thanks Stinny... Good memory and eye you have! That first pic just behind the gators's front end is a maple with four trunks that has some crotch...
Thanks guys. :) No doubt this place and the members here have helped with our stacking! :yes: I guess stacking perfection doesn't really...
It might be a younger Aspen. My Bigtooth Aspen all have those same black spots. The bark in the second picture looks a little like Aspen, but I'm...
Lots of great ideas posted up here! :yes: Here's what I ended up doing with that log..... [ATTACH]
Finally got off my butt and got a little cutting, splitting and stacking done this weekend. Dropped a small dead standing white oak and red elm...
Nice day for cutting and thanks for the pics! Saws look great and the oak and hickory look even better! Who took the pics?
Beautiful looking wood you have there LP! :yes: I see your hiding it in between the spruces! Where exactly are you located again? :whistle:
In my experience with Tulip poplar, they have not been any more prone to breaking or falling than most other species. I dont claim myself as a...
I have a bunch of 4" holes I need to be dug around my place for fencing and firewood stacks. Decided I'm not going to hand dig them all, so picked...
Nice! :yes: Still quite a bit of wood you have left in the shed..... With our cold winter we had, it good to see yours was a lot better. Is...
That's a lot o wood you got there Cert... All premo BTU's and rounds that are about the perfect size. :yes: Looks like a lot of it is pretty...
Great job there HF! Trailer looks great and I really like big red! :yes:
What a find! :yes: How did this happen?
Nice looking wood Gasifier! Show us the finished stacks of the ash. Do you have the EAB or was this a premptive strike?
I hear you about hand splitting the elm! :picard: Red elm splits a lot easier though than American elm. Might be a good excuse to buy a...
:rofl: :lol: That's hilarious! :rofl: :lol:
Thanks Zap! I'm going to make it for my girls for breakfast tomorrow before school. :flipeggs: I'm telling them I'm making them "bark eater"......
Yea back to wood chuckin... :) Isn't that dangerous letting her read all your posts.... :whistle: :picard: :loco: :crazy: She might find out...