Just so I'm clear on this.. :confused: You have to pay this guy to cut that monster down? That's the shortest 5' diameter oak I've ever heard...
Nice looking stacks Dave! :yes: Wood looks like it's pretty dry too...
That's great! I did the same thing a few years ago... Nice free service by the state.
Now THAT is the finished product! :yes:Maybe sitting around a fire too....
Looks like a lot of nice wood for the taken. :) I think I saw a cherry in there too, couldn't quite make it out. You got pretty close to that...
There you go! Good thinking on how to explain (justify) this work (obsession) to your better half. :yes: Better yet, buy her jewelry made out...
I can completely relate.... :) It's almost like finding gold.....
I think they were getting a little hungry this winter with all that snow we had on the ground....
I suspect your close... I was thinking the same thing, about how much work and expense it would be to find, cut, split stack and deliver a hundred...
That was good! Laughed out loud too....:)
Welcome to the Forum! :) You have some tough wood there to I.D... Might help to see some split. Pic #1. - looks like it has some punk going...
take it up with Papadave if you thinks it's wrong....
What's an app? :emb: I now realize my job is to go back to Speedway with a camera, measuring tape, pricing schedule, get pics of their...
My laser accurate ..... wild azz guess estimate is..... 2 ricks or 2/3 of a cord per row. Doesn't really matter though when you have over a...
Just guessing, they are 16' long x 4' high.. The first picture has two 16' rows side by side.. It's a sh&t pot of wood for sure.... :picard:...
I have no idea what he charges....I'm guessing about $250/cord? I have never seen him out there processing firewood, so not sure what his set up...
Check your draft on your stove, it might be effecting your oxygen levels.... :rofl: :lol: I have about 1% of what his guy cut split and...
Who wouldn't want these stacks!! :bug: No, there not mine...... :emb: :( :( The Speedway gas station by my house has this guy selling...
That's flamed boxelder and a great example of some highly desirable wood! Sells for a very good buck too for wood turners. If you have some not...
Nice looking stacks there Zap.... Good selection of wood too. Little high BTU's and some that are best for fire starting and shoulder season!...