Welcome Chris! It's Sasafrass, take a good sniff after you split a piece and you will always remember that unique smell it has.. We're going to...
Papadave I think is correct. I burn Sycamore, it dries out pretty quickly not the best BTU's but not bad either. Splitting it can be a challenge...
Nice looking wood you have there! :) I like the look of that Douglass fir. I don't know anything about Larch, I don't have either out my way....
It looks like Black Locust to me. :) Are you going to get it?
That's a good question, I don't know. The 60" is the most popular length according to Baileys and its 10 bucks cheaper than the 48" being its on...
That would have been a much better title!!!
I guess I'm looking for a little feedback.... I've been thinking of buying a 60" Logrite log can't from Baileys. They are on sale for $99.00 plus...
When I hear campfires, I always think of our time we spent with the Indian Princess program with my two daughters when they were younger. 3 - 4...
Vinton county bordering Hocking.
How did that happen!!?? :eek: :emb: Darn Autocorrect... :whistle: Come on over, your right were not too far apart. I usually just hit them...
At least Emma doesn't care it's colder than normal outside! :) :yes:
Now that's a nice haul Ashscratcher! :) Did all that wood fit in that one truck load?
Looks like it might be flamed box elder... If it looks exceptional when you open up one of those rounds, you might consider selling some of it to...
The smaller white colored rounds look like Tulip to me. Some call it yellow poplar. Cherry are the pretty orange ones.
Nice work Smokin! That's about the most efficient way to split with what you have available. Nice job for sure. :yes: How much did you get done...
I really would love to leave the heat off also. Had too many contractor friends talk me out of it. I can't really say if it's the right call or...
Roy, Very impressive stacks you have there. Looks like you all set for the next 3 years or so. Persimmon is about as good as you can get... I...
I was always told that you shouldn't leave a house get too cold because the Sheetrock can crack, we always leave the heat set at 45. Even set at...
I like those size trees also! :) Easy handling and it all adds up for sure. Any punk to those yet?
Very nice Stinster! :) That's a fair amount of nice wood you got there too. Glad you like the saw too, a new toy is always good motivation to...