"Siphon-effect" caused by the chimney burn....both my modern EPA stoves cannot be shut down the whole way, and I've never had a runaway fire, even...
Chinese chestnut, burns decent (about like walnut or soft maple), smells great when burning too!
Let's not forget whie oak, hedge and ironwood!
Hickory, a wood snob favorite! (Yes, I'm a wood snob) Make sure you put some back for cooking and smoking duties! I did teo big batches of...
Good to hear from you Chris, that's a fantastic hobby! Not many here know this but I used to race mountain bikes back in the 90s when I was young...
The chances of you having a runaway stove are very slim if you follow some well-known advice preached here......keep your flue cleaned regularly...
Thats a way cool idear!!
I received my package a while back but didn't post about it here (still haven't opened it yet, the suspense is killing me) waiting til Christmas...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
We've had some great times, eh? The next one will be even better!!
Very well said brother! The friendships, comraderie, brother-and-sisterhood, and endless knowledge base created by the membership here is...
It's amazing how chitty they run (if at all) when that little hole is plugged....
Sure looks like black locust to me!!
Looks like a great time and I know for sure a great group of guys, wish it wasn't so dammed far away or else I'd have come up for the...
Man I love this place and the amazing people here!!
Very nice! That's on my list this year!
Also wondering if the mineralization in the bark/wood contributed to that? I see that when cutting bigger amounts of hickory and black locust...
I run mostly Stihl chain, but have also had good luck with Oregon and Carlton, and as crazy as it sounds, I bought a whole pile of "Grizzly" brand...
B Beautiful job on the nativity, the whole scene looks amazing! Wish I could hop over and experience an evening there! God Bless and Merry...
I have 2-200T's, 3 020T's, and 2-201T's......