The bark and wood grain sure look like pignut hickory to me.....
Stinny give that lovely wife of yours a hug from my wife and I. We miss you guys....
I've been known to climb on her nerves a time or two, as well.....
They are very nice units but pricey...
It was a tin bottom with angle iron runners, it does ok but if I ever built another one, it'd be raised runners. Lot less friction that way.
I know you like those trains! We've got dozens of them, from the 1917 clear up to the new one Hunter got for Christmas that he can control from...
Yeah you're part giraffe!
Yes I used a homemade tow arm also because of the negative pressure from the loaded sled going downhill....it took some getting used to, towing...
We've done a few....lol. The tree had a slight lean the way we needed to fell it, but I still set a tag line in the tree up in the top when I...
I've never "skidded" logs with a snowmobile before but I've hauled HUNDREDS of firewood loads off the neighbors farm over the years with my old...
I'm always catching her on a counter or shelf around here....I love my short girl though!! Here she is making cookies the other day! :D [ATTACH]
Looking at it more, that very well mimicks some hickory I've dealt with too....
We did a really big one up at scout camp years ago, it was completely hollow almost the entire way up the trunk and FULL of brown crickets (I mean...
I was thinking the same thing, but I've also seen some elm do that.... Black gum (aka tupelo) can make a woodsman hate the chore in a hurry!
Ok guys here's a vid for ya's.....enjoy! [MEDIA]
Sorry guys I forgot all about posting a vid, have one uploading right now....I'll link it here shortly.
Nope, even put him to work on the clean-up crew! Some of you guys may have met him at Dennis' 2019 GTG, he came with Dan, Joe and I that year....
It's all wood for him, he's around 6 years ahead on his wood supply also. It's contagious in my family!
They aren't wasps, they are honey locust borers. Harmless (unless you're a dead honey locust split)
Not sure on the stove model but I'm gonna say straight up she needs more clearance and also some kind of fire barrier around that back and side,...