no not personally and I've been around those most of my working life, way more than chainsaws. I hardly wore gloves in construction unless it was...
Ok you're putting words into my mouth and assuming. So you've seen someone lose a finger or worst to a chainsaw? How did it happen? I am not...
This is kind of a dumb question, what exactly is the point of chainsaw gloves? If you keep your hands on the handles and not on the bar when it's...
I use duct tape myself to reinforce the gloves, they last much longer and you can just keep reapplying the duct tape. Gloves just seem to keep...
looks like maple to me but a leaf would be more helpful.
probably a bollard, you do lose sight of them sometimes if distracted. they are about that high/low as well. Yep bet they felt that from the...
I think the best PPE is awareness. I wear my chaps sometimes, usually out in the woods. Not so much in the back yard anymore. I know I should wear...
I use Husqvarna. I've wondered about the cheaper stuff but never used any yet.
I would call that smoldering. It also could just be not enough fuel in the box to keep the flames going. The box may not be hot enough to sustain...
That is some BS. It's a nice splitter, my 25 ton has been given some serious forked,gnarly knotted oak and dealt with it accordingly. I'm sure...
wow we have those at work.. I'm going to have to check these when I go in Monday. I'm not much of a fan of these systems anyway. They already had...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe We don't have that kind of monitoring...
I have one similar for bleeding brakes but the splitter is far from the compressor, stuck in the middle of the swamp until summer probably. I have...
I shred anything with my name on it, that is used for starting fires. I also use splitting scraps, low hanging dead branches from the back 40 or...
I'm a convert and oh so happy to half the time of splitting. My shoulders are happier too.
:cheers::coldone::rootintootin:
The opposite way does it get it closer, but I wasn't happy with the pouring, it was a little sloppy. A gear oil spout is a great idea.
I agree, so I went ahead and did it. Some observations in changing the oil on this splitter. Adding oil isn't simple, must have a funnel. Not a...
Oh yea you can get way more in that truck :)
Kind of a silly question.. You think it matters much if I change out the oil at 4.5 instead of 5? I personally don't see this being an issue but...