I know log houses can be leaky. My friend's is. How is your's? How is the attic insulation?
Maybe the saw/chain has a problem but the nut on the handle dang sure aint helping. A little consistency, less stabbing at it, would go a long...
From the owner's manual, page 6: *The R Value of the hearth pad can be reduced down to 0.40 with the use of the Progress Hybrid Ash Lip EXCEPT...
I don't think anything clear would meet the R value.
I knew the IS would go 24 hrs but I don't remember reading about the PH doing it. When weather cooperates,try it and start a thread. It sounds...
If that had been oak, it would still be soaking wet in my area. Glad you finally got to put it to good use.
I've never had a blower, much less a VolcanoII, but I think a Snap Disk is what you are looking for. I assume they are pretty much universal.
:rofl: :lol:You are going to get people very stirred up :jaw: All joking aside, Woodstock's very conservative burn times are more realistic for...
I used 4 splits, not quiet as large as I would have liked. The FB was not quiet full to the top but finding the perfect size splits to fill it, is...
Burn started at 11am yesterday. I kept an eye on the stack until dark just to be sure, no smoke. Stove top peaked at 375F, cat peaked at 1100F....
~175F :rofl: :lol: No, I set it at 0 from the beginning and left it. 3 or 4 year css red oak, I've got some of each on the porch mixed.
[ATTACH] 40 min later, burning on 2, glass cleaning up nicely.
http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/keystone-24-hour-burn.10120/
My first attempt at a 24 hr burn. 3-4 year css red oak. Glass got pretty nasty but it should burn off quickly. I was surprised at the amount of...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I woke up at 20.5hrs and checked the stove. 2 nice chunks of very chared wood, I didn't stir the ash to check for coals but I think it's gonna...
For a living.
Yeah, we got close to that. :whistle:
I just reloaded, trying for a 24 hr burn. I wish I had used larger splits, but we will see. Engaged cat at 300F stove top, burning clean.
Woodstock parts are cheap. A new cat for my Keystone is $150. Glass-$42. Door-$21. Cats are warranted.