I dump the ash pan when its full. Usually not much ash on the grate. I did blow through the hole in the ash pan housing with an air compressor a...
BTU rating are usually ignored as sales hype. Stove size (cuft) is a much better indicator of available BTU's. The Fireview will easily do this...
I think I have an air intake restriction. I put three splits in the stove yesterday morning, 30 hours later enough coals to restart a new load....
I'd make privacy fences out of it.
Great story Sav. I'll c/s/s until I can't c/s/s anymore, then if I'm still here I'll buy wood. Hopefully I'll be able to throw wood in the stove...
Imperial thermo's are notoriously inaccurate but mine is very close with my IR. Maybe you got lucky too.
A friend has a Country Fame insert that he bought new in 1988(?). The blower motor squeal every fall, so he pulls them, blows them out and oils...
Same here. The solar kiln is interesting and would be great for someone in a bind with wet wood or no room to stack and store. I could have used...
Welcome aboard GoBigBlue1984
Welcome to FHC :handshake:
The missing cap could have been causing most of the problem- cool chimney and lack of draft. Now that its clean and complete, it may burn fine at...
Hard to tell from the pic but looks like lots of creosote. How much did you get out from sweeping?
While I agree with the value of a control, to 20% MC in 4 months is impressive.
bearverine what kind of wood is it and what was the MC when you wrapped it? Glad it worked out for you.
I heard a new one the other day. A friend said, if an oak is dead standing too long, it will sour. Once soured, it won't burn good. I told him...
That's the first thing I thought of, then decided its like a spinning reel.:seasoned:
I hope they put him in a cell with Bubba Ann.
[IMG]
[ATTACH] Your snow made it here yesterday Unicorn1.
Specs Central Boiler 6048: Door . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 23" x 31" Firebox . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 60" x 48"...