Woodrat1276 , I guess you read this? http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/solar-kiln-firewood-drying.6041/ Yes, the moisture has to go...
Nice, can't believe you found that at WM.
Welcome to FHC T-Stew
Arlo, you can check your local Craigslist too. May people come by good finds for free wood there but often the good finds are buried in with...
Welcome Jon, nice pics.
Welcome Arlo, Most of us own land with trees, know someone that does, cut in the national forest with a cheap permit, get free wood from a tree...
I have very little money invested in a cord of "free" wood, but lots of labor. $10/cord maybe? I wait for very good deals on used equipment and...
Without the box blade on the back, it would be tipping. I've drove it across the field with the back tires floating in the air 90% of the time,...
[ATTACH] Yanmar 1720D, homemade forks. Im spoiled to cutting off the "saw horses". And pushing brush with the forks.
[IMG]
I would go straight up through the ceiling and out the roof. Similar to the Installation 1 diagram, but with the stove top vented. Better draft...
My chimney seems dirtier than average, but I burn at an idle most of the winter with low flue temps.
ETA: There was only a hand full of coals left. Took awhile to get the next load flaming, would have needed kindling if I were in a hurry.
:picard:That's simple enough. I just looked with a flashlight. I figured it was ducted from somewhere.
Good question. No I didn't do any stove mods. At first, I thought I just hadn't noticed the stove still holding coals after 24 hours, normally...
I have a 27 ton MTD, used to have a 21 ton. A 22 ton would be plenty for all but the gnarliest pieces, and most of those can be split if you start...
I may do that this spring, curious now. I can't imagine that its plugged with something that can't be sucked or blown out. Ash or cobwebs is about...
Good deal. Have you tried burning on zero with the new cat? Just curious, not that its necessary.
How's the new cat?
Lowes sells Supervent. They may match Menards price.?