:rofl: :lol: Well Yeah. Wouldn't you?
Yes it is. And welcome Toad22t .
Agreed. I wish I were that good. If I can keep a chain cutting like new, I'm doing ok.
I've been trying to avoid this because I'm a tight a$$, thinking-the damage isn't that bad, I will wait till it files out over time. Poor...
IMHO, you will need to buy used to get a good saw. Check CL and post questions about the finds here. Good luck.
More pics of the same link. Its in front of the double left hand cutters, where the chain is spliced. Easy to find again. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
I already "knew" this but now I know this. Nice picture. Certainly puts " a little" damage into perspective. Thanks.
Budget plus what's the max log diameter you need to/expect to cut?
I'll try to get more pics at better angles. I've dressed the bar, it seems fine. The angle is 30 according to my file guide. 3/16 file, .325...
I thought I knew the a Rakers are slightly below spec. I use a (stihl?) guide. 30 degrees. I think thats what Windsor specs. No witness marks...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] All the brush from a 19" DBH red oak. Two shoves, had to back up once to change angles.
:rootintootin:
Are we developing a skunk theme lately :loco: :crazy:. Probably just me :hair:
Brad38 , either location should work fine. Its mostly a matter of the how much chimney/chase is visible (and some $ for chase material and maybe...
I already think I know the answer, but lay it on me. The pics are of one of the worst cutters. This is a Windsor full chisel. Been lightly rocked...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] All 3 pics, same cutter.
[ATTACH]
Freezer?
Crayon?
I've seen pics of that model, probably yours among others:yes: