No guarantees. Just a theory of mine.
Just a guess- Do you ever use high draft settings with the cat engaged (burning down coals)? I suspect high draft settings make the ash fly, the...
Do you get smoke when engaging at cat temps any lower than this? I'm also using a second gen SS.
I does sound a little backwards but I've seen the results. My stove top temp drops when I open the draft a little to get a flame show. I believe...
My last reload- Engaged cat @ 200F stove top, 400F cat probe, set draft at 0. Smoke completely cleared up immediately.
The value varies so much by location, I'd check local CL to get an idea. Green oak is $90-$120 a cord delivered locally, its 3X that in some areas.
:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: Folks around here gotta have French toast with winter weather :picard:And they are Serious about it.
I find a thermometer on the wall helpful. When the wife says its cold, or I come in with a chill, if the thermometer says 72F I leave the stove alone.
No apology necessary. No doubt the FV or KS would give you an easy overnight burn. Does the 13NCI produce plenty of heat for your needs? Its about...
I burned the same amount of wood the first and second winter with a new EPA stove, but it was much colder the second winter (13/14).
Wood heat only for most of my life. Continuously for the last 16 years. That's the way I like it.