Looks like Siberian Elm to me.The bark is a bit coarser than American/White Elm.Plus its rare see any American Elms that big that are still alive....
Welcome to the friendly & knowledgeable zoo..... Looks like your woods are stocked with a great mix.
Normally I save Silver Maple for when its 35 to 45 degrees but occasionally will put on a big oddball or gnarly chunk before going to sleep or...
Upper 20's yesterday,dropped fast overnight.76 in here. At 630AM was 7 degrees,its 12 & partly sunny now. Still 72-74 inside thanks to more of...
Here's a real nice late model DeWalt model 925 for sale a couple hours to my northeast. If I already didn't have Dad's 1980 Toolkraft,I'd be...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281592152230?_trksid=p2059210.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Last one they had,its going on my...
Ugly old dead stuff (was either standing or on the ground 7-8 years before I cut it in June-Oct. 2011.) I have close to 10 cords of this left....
Hmmmmm...:binoculars:
Even though the whole state of Iowa only has 7-8% forest cover now (never had over 20% even in the early 1800's before European settlement) some...
2 questions 1) how many files did you wear out? 2) is your arm/shoulder numb yet? :rofl: :lol:
Possibly English/European/Carpathian/Persian Walnut. A bit lighter in color/density than Black Walnut but loads of it in orchards out in...
LOL that's why I cut 3-4 days every month year round in spare time,never want to get close to running out again.Especially important now I'm...
Yup I don't drop anything over 4"-5" diameter without the faller's helmet/mesh faceshield.Bucking or milling its safety glasses over OSHA...
Reminds me of in March 1990 when just a couple wheelbarrows of wood were left after a particularly nasty Jan/Feb.Dad & I went to their neighbor's...
Its different alright,long narrow bit reminds me of an old mortice axe.Head is thicker though yet thinner than a regular maul.
I like it.Getting used to it, for me anyway its a bit different swinging it compared to the Fiskars,my ancient 8lb maul & the old Plumb/other...
One of these days I'll be hitting one of you guys up for a good used Jonsered clutch cover. It might be awhile though since I've splurged a bit...
Yesterday at parents acreage.Cold & cloudy in the morning,warmed up to 35 & sunny by late afternoon.That wont last though - it was 30 when I woke...
cant beat the classics
I know,I know.....I need serious help :emb: ;) http://www.ebay.com/itm/121570765051?_trksid=p2059210.m2750.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT...