Many thanks Scotty. I recall Carnegie once being asked how much more money could he possibly want or need. His answer, "Just a little more"....
Also one other challenge is that I am heating approx. 5000 sf with mostly radiant floor heat, plus domestic hot water, so this unit runs!
Gonna try all seasoned this year. My old unit was fan fired, and you could burn green anything in it as long as you had a good coal bed. But...
This is my first season with the unit. I am hoping the lean to will do it, which is 15 cords. The former Mahoning could not go the entire cold...
First, paying for wood would violate my own scrounging rule, so we don't pay to get any, and sometimes charge a little if the site is labor...
Cut fifth and final load from timber company's loading zone they left for me. Think about 9 cords once c/s/s [ATTACH] This was the last load,...
I posted a picture once a long time ago of a large pile, and immediately got an email from someone saying "there are a lot of people out there you...
This post has the pics for all my gear. P.S. Muck truck is even better than the wheel barrow referenced above:...
That wheel barrow is awesome. I got it at a local place I get mulch, stone tc.. from. It is cool because it is rubber compound, so light, yet it...
Trailer is dual axle, 7000 gvw. It is 18 feet long. My wood truck is a Ford F250 crew. Both have been very good to me.
Got a quickie maple hit, and a few bucks to cover expenses to boot. Will process for next winter. [ATTACH]
Outside fire ring on the deck last night. Normally we wait until 10/15, but I have an outside wood burner, and once I start it, it says lit until...
Getting old too. I took a picture of all three inside walls with everything where it is supposed to go so I can refer to them to find out who...
Cooler temps, fall around the corner, went nuts in the barn a few nights. Everything sharp, stocked up, and ready for Fall. [ATTACH] Then I...
When my four sons were little, we used to cut firewood and sell it. I helped them make a brochure to advertise and one part of it had all PA...
Man, that stuff will smell great when you burn it. In PA where I live they claim apple is higher btu rated than red or white oak, locust etc.....
Not a new message to all of you guys, but logging again the most dangerous job in the US with 91.3 deaths per 100,000 workers, as per the CCN...
I will stay out of the brand part of the conversation. I do have a Ford F250 I like a lot. Main challenge I see are those 80 miles of daily...
If i was scavenging on hunting property I would offer the following, for wood I really wanted, once you have used one of the prior ideas to get in...