I do like that. I still split most of the big stuff cause i like to max my wood shed and stacking all big rounds takes up a lot of space, but it...
I run it half full or so if not less during shoulder season. Just try to get it so that when I come back to reload there is always a good hot...
Running well thus far. Discovered one circular pump inside that was dead upon restart, but other than that going well! Supposed to be 40s here...
Another season is under way, and first fire in new boiler! [ATTACH]
Welcome aboard!
Nope, just found it the close out bin at Cabellas. Googled how to throw it.
Once the wood is stacked, need something to do when friends stop by! Picked up this throwing ax for 12 bucks at Cabellas. More fun than I...
If you could, you should, free wood, burns good!
Went back to a site I cut in the spring but lost access to because of construction. No wood left behind! About three cords of Hackberry for some...
Life is all about the journey. Enjoy the time with family, the generations living in the same area, and the wood that will warm them all.
A couple of misc things I learned if interested: 1. If structurally possible, might want to leave open on three sides as the wind does a great...
That will be a nice setup and is exactly what I have. Mine is 32 feet long and 8 feet wide. I stack 7.5 feet high and so it olds almost exactly...
Sweetness, dumping them on other logs will save you some chain sharpening.
I im in
Ashwood wet and Ashwood dry A king shall warm his splippers by Nice tree, and some good loads.
Bradford pears are fine for firewood. Almost all of them die exactly the same death. they grow till they split in half. landscapers like to use...
Not sure of brand, bought used It is 7000 gvw. I do know I can get 2.5 cords in it if I stack it. Not sure how much weight I have hauled in it,...
Started running out of room on the storage pile.....[ATTACH] So we fired up new splitter and my old one and ganged up on the pile [ATTACH] Split...
LOL, the guys I cut with all have shirts that say, "The Fellowship of the Tree". So there are certainly bloodlines that run through all...
There are likely 10 or more kinds in the pile. Some poplar which I sell to folks for camp fires and such, I don't usually keep it for the...