[ATTACH]Three of my four sons are in college now, but had a rare treat with everyone home for some flank steak, potatoes, grilled asparagus and...
I hope to put up wood the rest of my life as long as I am able. I am 48 now and blessed with pretty good health. Being able to c/s/s whenever I...
We heat 5000sf of home space at 69 degrees, and domestic hot water for family of 4 most of the time and 6 when college kids are home. We heat no...
Hey Eric, my dad lives right by Galax, VA.. That is pretty close to you isn't it?
It is 32 feet long, 8 feet wide and I stack about 7 feet high. So about 14 cords, minus maybe 1/4 cord as I stack around the posts. It is really...
About half split and half not. Will have split and stacked by end of April, should be fine for my OWB by next winter
Man, love that rig!!!!
People say we are crazy, but if you don't enjoy work at the physical level, you will never find it reasonable to cut wood no matter the economics...
Lean to won't make spring on its own with a half cord left. So added some more standing dead ash to mix in, which is the second time I have done...
I saw someone else on this forum post some time ago that they had a similar problem. They just stopped trying to be exact and cut everything...
Don't know but the mrs wanted em down and now they are. Glad we did it yesterday too, snowing like crazy here today and 25 degrees
Cool shed. Is that section with the cross braces where you throw you ugly pieces, or shoulder wood?
Previous owners of home i think let them get away from them, they were up against the house and got too big to trim back. Wife replanting i think...
No, that would be a pretty thin trim! Took off lower limbs to just keep off his house, then dropped them right after that picture. Yeah,...
As long as i have a big stack cut and piled ready to split i can still sleep. But it is always sad for me when i have to burn up the square posts...
My shed is 32 feet long and 8 feet wide and I can stack about 7 feet high in it. Putting the last piece in it each year is my favorite day. I...
Helped a buddy today take down two Holly trees. They were as tall as any i have ever seen, growing right beside his house. OWB won't care about...
Cool, my oldest son went for his first maple syrup making trip this weekend with his future father in law. Sounds like a fun deal i would like to...
Been a cold week here, from 0 to 9 degrees highs all week. 4-7 inches coming tomorrow beginning around noon, but going to get out and try to get...
All the best riding, wood cutting and hanging out with friends in your retirement. And nice OWB.