I remembered to look just now. That saw is a 2013 model so 12 years ago I purchased it.
When I bought it new I did a muffler mod. Basically hogged out the cat, which resided in the area marked in red, and I modified the deflector....
Update.... Saw is blown apart awaiting my cleaning. [ATTACH]
They are a compact, nimble 50cc saw for sure.
Ready to cut weight is the important part most don't think about. They go off the spec sheets only. When I was looking to buy a new 501 / 4910 vs...
Errthang needs ported once you've experienced the difference it makes. Lol.
It's official....im porting it. Lol. Easy to work on like my CS400. Less than 20 minutes to get the saw apart and engine out. More updates later....
[ATTACH] Well, my old echo CS310 found its way back home from my nephew. I bought this new several years ago. Probably 15+. Not sure what I'm...
Plus, I found a chassis builder for thr rock crawler I plan on getting. It will look like this once completed. [ATTACH]
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sC9edAHuTYq4M3A98 I have a new toy.
Good deal.
It's a project im sure you can do if you are into that kind of modifications.
[MEDIA]
[MEDIA] Im sure you could machine fins in it.
No. Complete bolt on head. Like a dirt bike. Dyno joe on the youtube does it on some of his race saw builds.
Nothing that I have seen except maybe seal all gas tank sealant but that might render the tank unfixable when you want to put a new grommet in.
Yes you can seal it up. With a new grommet. Lol
Cut it off and build a bolt on cylinder head for it. Ta daaaaa
You aren't stuck with anything. Change the line or continue to have issues. Plain and simple.
Fred.