IME square holds an edge longer than round. It’s also a lot smoother in the cut. It’s no doubt faster too, but I don’t know by how much, numbers...
Yes… you definitely don’t want to heat it up to the point where it’s turning colors. That means the metal became annealed (softer) Small/quick...
Once you try it, it’s a slippery slope… I recommend sticking to round unless you’re okay with going down a rabbit hole ;) Oregon 72CJ (3/8
IIRC 40 something… but I could be way wrong. I remember checking a fresh split years ago but don’t remember exactly
Merry Christmas to me :whistle: Seeing it firsthand I’m glad I didn’t spend too much time trying to reverse engineer it from internet pictures....
While a lot of us are happy to have 3 year dried oak, you have us beat by a lot. Overachiever! :p I think the oldest I’ve burned was 4 years dry....
I'm loving this cold snap to be honest. I finally switched over to burning oak regularly (was mostly burning junk-aspen, sassafras etc) With oak I...
Yessir, another 2 loads should have that spot pretty much cleaned up :thumbs: All that's left are 2 more knot-free rounds from the lower trunk,...
A few more excellent condition red oak rounds today, and a couple smaller white oak skinnies. [ATTACH]
Repeat customer from a couple Fridays ago. His furnace is broken so he’s completely reliant on his insert. He liked the last load I brought him...
It’s 12 outdoors and dropping a few more degrees overnight. I’ve got the air choked way back on a good load of white oak. Plenty warm inside....
I’ve been running a VersaCut on my 028 for close to a year. As far as rail wear goes, IMO it’s comparable to a Stihl bar. There are much better...
[IMG]
Looks fantastic. :drool: Shrimp are probably my favorite thing to have on New Year's. I should probably pick some up at the local seafood section...
I've got a whole new level of respect for you after this morning Cold Trigger Finger A couple of my saws had been in my truck overnight during...
Oak and bigtooth aspen throwing the heat. [ATTACH]
My thoughts exactly. It would’ve made the perfect in between saw next to my 61 and 372xp.