Are you still using full chisel on that dirty wood? I have a few semi chisel I’ve hung on to for working with the nastier logs
Looking at their site it’s hard to determine what shapes their wheels come in. I could contact them for clarification though. What I’m looking for...
To start with I dressed the angle of the wheel by tipping the wheel, and running a diamond file back and forth underneath it, sandwiched between...
thescratchylens I delivered firewood to a woman a couple weeks ago. We had an… interesting chat. One thing she showed me was this book that she...
It seems to work decently. The instructions that came with the jig leave much to be desired but watching his YouTube video on proper settings...
Boxelder. It’s in the maple family. Dries fast and burns hot and fast too. Not terrible.
This one’s kind of a rarity for me. Pin oak. I’ve only gotten a little of it one other time about 3 years ago. There’s also a couple ash and red...
37 and drizzling. Burning white oak low and slow so as to not cook ourselves out of the house.
I remember seeing one for the first time up in Alaska back in 95’. I was just a kid then :whistle: But I’ve since spotted a few here in...
I’m inundated with them here (gray squirrels). As far as I’m concerned they’re the most destructive force on the entire planet. There’s an urban...
Bark looks like sourwood but I’ve never cut one open before. I believe Chud has though.
IME from the factory they’re pretty aggressive. Once you resharpen them they’ll obviously have a different geometry, but should still hold an edge...
32/70 ash and cherry.
A quick 9 rounds of black cherry from a tree that’s been down a couple years. There are a few more smaller rounds to be extracted here, but not...
What a relief! I’m glad it finally sold because I’ve been white knuckling it for a while, trying not to give in to CAD again ;) :rofl: :lol:
I hope you fellow hoarders are enjoying this holiday season. It’s 26 here, heading to the high teens. I’m burning a couple pieces of bigtooth...
LOL nice… there’s no such thing as having too many sharp chains on hand. :thumbs:
I’m a huge believer in using machines for consistency, but I do think (for me) it’s probably going to be helpful having learned the filing...
The first chain I converted was rocked pretty bad anyway and needed to be filed back considerably, so it was a good guinea pig for me. I start by...
It’s easy enough to convert round to square. I only do it with chains that have at least 50% of their life left though. If they’re already filed...