Not much for flowers and foliage this time of year here, but while the world is dormant outside I’m planning my spring native wildflower garden....
In my experience yes, slightly more yellow, almost neon when fresh cut. Then in a matter of days you’ll start to see the yellow in mulberry fade...
Chvymn99 has his system dialed in pretty well bringing his tractor with grapple on site, and coming home with both the machine and the wood.
Big mulberry looks a lot like locust, both bark and the wood grain. The thick sapwood ring is how I differentiate it looking at it remotely by...
That be mulberry. Excellent grab!
33 with light snow flurries coming down. This cooler air mass is a welcome relief after several days of rain/damp. Burning another mixed load of...
48 damp and overcast. I wasn’t going to light a fire but I can’t shake the raw feeling here. Just lit up a tulip poplar/aspen mix.
Happy new year to all. It’s a strange one here, rocked by rain, clashes of thunder and lightning.
Interesting. I do think that it would make sense to have some kind of windshield though, even if you’re putting around.
What can be done with a milsurp flare gun? Endless possibilities. :whistle: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Seeing these machining/assembly processes makes me grateful that I don't work in high volume manufacturing. I couldn't be a bio-robot mindlessly...
Shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, fake champagne with the kids... That's about as rowdy as it gets at the house these days.
A little further ahead on my ongoing oak hoarding adventures: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The angled section where the drive links get nested into the groove could have a floating plate on one side, with a thumb screw to clamp it. That...
Definitely. I could mount up adjustable stops and clamps to semi-automate the process a bit. I actually mentioned this on the developer’s YouTube...
The one caveat I’ll bring up comparing my $300 jig to the Simington is that it involves a lot more of the human factor. There are no stops to bump...
Beats me. You could get a brand new Simington from Bailey’s for $1600 or try your luck on the used market for well over a thousand bucks… I bought...
That’s cheaper than the squarejig ones :handshake:
They look like a decent company, my only concern is how much to ship it all the way from Lithuania into the US? At my last job we used to do a...
When filing 0.375 semi chisel chain I use a 3/16" round file rather than a 7/32". It'll give the tooth more of a hook and make it cut a little...