As far as I know they don’t grow this far north, but you could be right. I recognized the trunks as a red and black oak.
At this point I might as well give it another decade for all the bark and sapwood to rot off :whistle:
Not as many logs as I was hoping for but there’s still a lot of wood here. These stumps will all have to get noodled into ugly chunks and huge...
I haven’t had the pleasure of burning red elm yet, only American. I’ve heard red elm is a little better than American elm for firewood. The...
Pretty much my first thoughts as well. The driver showed up and barely spoke English but was super friendly. I gave him a $20 cash tip. He tried...
A little bit faster per cut over a lot of cuts ends up saving you quite a bit of time on the job. The only time I run round chain now is on semi...
They’re baaaaack. Clean stump sections and more 24” diameter logs. Too dark for better pictures. [ATTACH]
Definitely some interesting saw work going on. Looks like multiple people had a hand in dicing these trees up. Some end cuts are perfect, some are...
LOL I get it. I mean, 95% of my inventory is gotten that way too.
Oh yeah, I was pretty much down to my last couple twigs here before these logs became my salvation :rofl: :lol:
I remember a couple years back when they gave you some chestnut oak logs. That almost had me drooling :)
I was planning on hiding inside this afternoon and feeding the stove, but despite feeling like garbage with an upper respiratory infection I just...
So I’m sitting here minding my own business when I get a couple phone calls from a number I don’t recognize. I ignore them, and there was no...
It’s hard to break some individuals of the false dogma that softwoods cause chimney fires. I think that although the topic has been raised...
I wasn’t planning on a delivery today, but my wife’s friend had put out a Facebook message looking for firewood. This load is about 1/3 elm, and...
DED killed American elm with a long lost railroad spike that I’ll have to burn out: [ATTACH]
28/68 tulip poplar, boxelder and white oak.
I’ve had most every Cabot flavor except that one. Now I’ll have to get it, probably tomorrow :) Right now we’ve got the horseradish and seriously...
I hear you. It does have a tendency to overtake entire areas. I’m building a couple dedicated raised beds to contain it, and any wild volunteers...
That would be great, thanks. I believe the variety prevalent around here is common milkweed. The butterfly version is definitely nicer to look at.