Lots of good feedback here. I've been toying with the idea of pellets (still keeping/using my woodstove, just relying more on the pellets and...
It's a lousy situation all around. I hate to see a man get railroaded by Da Gub but I also have a soft spot for the neighbors. What do you do?...
I’m kind of hoping he buys one more after this, so it’ll clear out another row in my shed, giving me space to stack most of the oak I just got...
Third time this year repeat customer (broken furnace) Ash, beech, sugar maple and black locust. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Sunny and 19 outside with a stiff breeze. Stove is chooching away with red/white oak and ash.
I think we've all been there at one point or another. Cherry, walnut, oak, I lost count of how many times I've firewooded something and felt bad...
You're right on point with milling with a 45cc saw. I tried it on my 029 super when it was stock (56cc) and there simply wasn't enough grunt there.
29 with moderate snow coming down. Still burning white oak all morning but have now started mixing in ash.
Just a thumb in the wind type of guess but maybe 2 cords? I should’ve taken measurements before cutting everything up.
My one request for logs has been fulfilled so no more for now. Once everything is split/stacked I’ll see what I have for room, and go from there....
30 and dropping to the low 20s. White oak and cherry for the overnight.
You’re doing the big work Scotty… That tree surely could’ve come down in the next big storm, and if the long term forecast holds, that would’ve...
My sincere apologies folks, I’ve lied to you all. I wasn’t done playing outside in the cold today :) All blocked up into manageable pieces and...
I’m still in the long slog stage of things, so I’m not quite feeling rich just yet :picard:But I know from experience that once everything’s...
View from the top of my woodshed: [ATTACH] I did manage to start working on the stumps. I’m done for today so I’ll pick this back up tomorrow....
Great to see this score come back to life. You don’t have to buck many rounds on a trunk that size to get a full load. How much beech do you...
Awesome. Very consistent so long as it’s sharp. Actually noodling is where I notice the biggest difference between round and square chain.
I really lucked out this time around. It’s a toss of the dice what you’ll end up with. I was half expecting another monstrous load of pine logs...
I remember when they came through for you in a big way with that honey locust. That would be a dream score for me. I’ll gladly take all this oak...
All that’s left of the first pile is one log with a big crotch on the end. That’s it for today anyway. Decent progress. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]