Yes sir. I have enough of the 2x4 panels I got from Rhode Island to do the roof. I just need some washered screws. I was lucky to have a father...
[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] Some of the rafters are bowed in the middles. Once I install the purlins, I will pull them straight prior to nailing. [IMG]...
I then did the top facia. Same procedure. This time I used two "helper" boards. [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] I nailed on a cleat under the top 2x6 plate...
I was able to get some more done today. I put up the top side pallets past where I knew the rafter would be. Then I traced the bottom of the...
He’s only got a half ton. We don’t want to have to start calling him Bumperdrag Brad
Raining good here. I may organize the basement after we eat, if I don’t pass out from all the food that is
The Doug Fir was considerably heavier than the #2 SPF. Usually stuff over about 24’ was Doug Fir. Even feels denser when you pick it up. Under the...
Works for me :salute:
-77 damm!!! Coldest I can recall here is -16 without the windchill
Amen brother. Add in good health and plenty of toys to the list!!! Happy Turkey Day to everyone.
Rope, what are the lowest temps you’ve ever seen there? Must be crazy. A heat wave in the summer for you guys is probably 60 :jaw:
Pretty clever!!! I like it:thumbs: Once I get the pallet garage done I hope to start some welding projects including my 3 pt sawbuck which will be...
Looks like a beautiful area you two live in!!! Not lately, but for several years we’d go up to the White Mountains in NH and it felt so cool...
Roof day was always an adventure. We built hundreds of houses and I remember on multiple occasions putting up 28’-30’ Doug Fir 2x12 rafters 12”...
I always mark my wood. I cut to 20”. I’ve used a measuring pipe with markers on it, a magnet on the bar and chalk. I like the chalk the best. I...
I also have the materials I need for the implement shelf. 3 sheets of 5/8 zip board and a bunch of 4’ 2x10’s I’ll rip in half lengthways.
No
Actually the rafters didn’t cost me anything. Was able to barter an implement for them
Much better progress today. Ended up getting most of the walls up, the headers for the three doors, and all the rafters except the end 2. Those...
I thought ahead and planned for this potential event to happen when I married a teacher 13 years ago :thumbs:. She actually got her first full...