This was unexpected. I was all happy yesterday shaving 0.7 grams off the aftermarket piston, when the factory piston was actually SEVEN grams...
It’s an OE 372XP. I had my coworker powder coat the clutch cover and cases, and I Rit dyed the plastics.
Waiting on a carb rebuild kit but so far seems to be a ripper with an 8 tooth sprocket and 20” bar. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I replaced those mounts back in September, thanks :handshake:
Maybe a stress relief operation in the oven at 400 degrees for a couple hours would normalize everything… And maybe if he gets a raging fire going...
The Meteor piston and crank seal/gasket kit from Wolf Creek came in yesterday. I got to work on smoothing out the piston a bit. Baseline weight:...
Split and stacked. This is the most amount of tulip I’ve ever had, and the most I’d ever want to have. At least it’ll dry fast and produce some...
34/70 burning up some bigtooth aspen
Splitter trash that is kindling-worthy gets saved for fire starter and I compost the bulk of the bark I generate. I add to the pile year-round:...
I fired up the 372xp this morning and it ran pretty well. I’m waiting for a couple odds and ends to come in then I can tune it in some wood. Not...
That was my experience about 6-7 years ago with a carburetor I bought for my old Simplicity snowblower. I put it on, it started first pull and I...
Thanks. Yeah the jeweling on the bar I did in the drill press with a rough scotch brite pad on an arbor. I had my buddy do a clear powder coat on...
I’ve had some good luck on eBay from time to time. Better act now; there’s less than 3 1/2 hours left on that posting ;)
Thanks, hopefully it runs good. I’m a little nervous being my first full rebuild. Actually I’m reasonably confident minus the feeling that I may...
If it were me I’d buy this and a rebuild kit: OEM Husqvarna 55 51 50 Special Chainsaw Carburetor Carb For Rebuild Free Ship | eBay Aftermarket...
All back together. It’s too late at night otherwise I’d try to fire it up. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I was going to throw a King Crimson joke in there but I’m glad you did instead :D
Nice score. Yes the crimson king cultivar of Norway maple. I imagine it's like regular Norway and dries very fast, and puts out decent heat.