39 and slowly drying out. The wind is supposed to pick up later which will make it feel a little raw outside. Still burning through the aspen...
37 and raining again/still. More aspen chugging away in the stove.
FYI, not meant to stir the hornet’s nest. Pertinent information for those of us used to buying their products. Sad to hear....
That’s a negative cutting angle for when you’re cutting from the bottom up instead of top down :whistle:
Good to see you're still at it Dave. If I was in your position I'd have a hard time walking away from everything, ESPECIALLY the chainsaw work...
Thanks but if it makes the saw a dog, my ability to whittle away at metal is kind of moot :hair:
That looks promising for sure. I wish I was a sheet metal guy for stuff like this. That kind of fabrication is a bit outside my wheelhouse. If...
Someone watched a couple of that hack's videos a year or so ago :whistle: I believe if this was his abomination, he'd use a round galvanized fence...
This has been in the works for a while. Even though I’ve got a cheap muffler on the way, I can compare this creation against it and find out if it...
I get that completely… Once a saw is running then what? Which is why I have another bottom end coming in from eBay later this week lol.
100% Agreed :handshake: Once I acquired my 61 and started working on that, my first thought was this is how working on a saw should be. Take the...
Miserable weather here so I put in some time on the 288 this evening. I’m still waiting for the new used OEM flywheel and aftermarket muffler, but...
A pleasant 45 and raining :picard:Just a small fire going with mulberry shorts and some aspen on top.
Good deal :thumbs: IME for firewood it's kind of unremarkable. Doesn't put out much heat or aromatic smell like black cherry does, but it burns...
Out running errands this morning I passed this weeping cherry yard tree recently cut and left at the curb for the taking. Not much, but not having...
First fire in a few days this morning. 29/70 burning up scraps of mulberry, oak and aspen
lol. The 61 I put together over the weekend got fired up on Sunday evening. Seems pretty snappy with the base gasket delete and lighter piston....
The stressful part (for me) is done. It’s great having access to dry ice :whistle: The crank spins really nice. I’ll continue with the build...
Now that the 61 project is complete, it’s time to get back to rebuilding this basket case 288 I got off eBay. [ATTACH] Splitting cases is a...
That massive engine lathe with multiple steady rests… oil field components?