I’m learning all sorts of nuances about the 200 series in this build. Not only were the early 61 cranks different (heavier) but the castings for...
The donor saw for my 61/272 build showed up today. Not bad for a saw that’s as old as me (1984 model) :) [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Edit: after getting it...
My wife sent me these just now. It’s been a couple years since we’ve had bears in the yard. Mostly it’s been foxes scoping out the chicken coop....
I really like the idea. Controversial statement as it may be, I'll say it anyway. I hope the local residents don't graffiti the poor trees. I do...
I’ve watched all the videos in this series, some 2 or 3 times. Every one of them is jam packed with information, and I could easily get lost for...
Tall about taking the fanboy club to the next level :confused:
While the 61/272 project is waiting parts and an entire donor saw, the 288 got a couple upgrades. The 304 stainless steel custom pipe, a new...
I’m guessing 3.5 cords but once everything is stacked I’ll take some more measurements and confirm.
Slowly making progress with the stacking from this score. 4 rows in the shed; each row is 8 feet long tapering from 6 to 5 feet high front to...
This is one ugly load. Short cookies, ugly chunks, twisted knots and root flare oddballs of red oak. Space is at a premium at my place so my uncle...
I won’t count us out yet. Plenty of years in early May we’ve woken up to 38 and rain, with highs barely hitting 50. I’ll burn in those conditions....
Pulled over to take a picture of the rainbow, then saw the second fainter one. [ATTACH]
Impressive. The way it’s girdled all the way around the trunk, that tree is already dead, it just doesn’t know it yet.
45 and… hey not raining! Cloudy and windy though, so I lit the stove with more aspen. Looks like I’ll be burning for the next couple mornings...
Next up in the 200 series Husqvarna builds. I got this old 61 Practica bottom end off eBay for a song and dance a couple weeks ago. Got the case...
I couldn't tell you how many pumpkins and winter squash I've lost over the years just as they were ripening on the vine. I imagine this time of...
That brush with the system sounds like it couldn't have gone better honestly. No fines, no railroading, just fix the one discrepancy and go about...
My understanding is that it's a reference to a certain member here that employs some of his students during summer break (who are of legal working...
That’s a behemoth if I’ve ever seen one. Lots of work but it looks like you made out with the best of what was there :dex:
There’s a seasonal hot dog/burger joint that cleared the wood lot behind their business recently. At first I wondered why they were trying to sell...