19f at 7am supposed to get to 32 today, river birch and elm going now. Gonna make a good effort to get a good supply hauled into the basement...
I’d like to see a good 3ft snow….. but we have been so dry for so long 3” would be a huge blessing.
We’ve had single digits a half dozen times already…. Seems kinda early to me
I’ve found ones with rubber facing last the best for me. A while back I had the wife get me a couple pairs from a Farm supply store while she was...
3F at 8:00 am! River birch and elm in the stove. First time I’ve ever really had a good stash of wood for “shoulder season” ( never had heard the...
5F at 8:00 am Pretty cold for around here this early in the season. Standing dead elm and some river birch in the stove.
That will make for some easy bucking. I would have to keep working back and forth from each end to see how long I could keep it up there
So do you ever really do any carpenter work any more? Or are you pretty much just a full time wood hoarder and firewood seller?
I’ve had diesel trucks run backwards a time or two, never a saw though.
I like foggy weather. Unless I have to drive very much in it, then not so much.
I try for 18” ( even measuring and marking I don’t always make it) so, yes, 2 rows with a space in between for nuggets and such. Plastic pallets...
I Got access to plenty of pipe, telephone poles also right now. Wood pallets are plentiful around here. Gots plenty of chain link fence available....
Yep, kinda keep it sorted a bit. Species, whether it was taken dead or alive, etc…. I’m thinking one of the small sections might end up with a...
I was about 18” short on the chain link fence Last weekend. So I got the chain link finished up and 3 pallets up on Friday evening. Got the rest...
The noise from a splitter would have definitely ruined what looks like a very tranquil morning
1380
Does he have the means to split it if he has a small stove?
Is that a black diamond? I’ve looked at those, trying to convince my boss to get a decent splitter at work. The one we have was built by his dad,...
I wouldn’t have guessed that they grow wild around there
It got to 78f here the last 2 days, today I think it topped out at 45F. Now it’s 37F and I’m lighting the first fire of the season. River birch...