After my 2 boxers sound off, and then the house alarm goes off the safe beeps would be the least of my worries. Or should I say the bad guys worries.
Welcome to all things BTU's.
And the saw, what about the saw?
As it has dried I have to agree, white oak it is.
It's a sugi, what's not to like? No really it's a nice bar. The length is 20".
Like it a lot. It is my go to saw, no hesitation issue that some of the 562's are plagued. If I didn't already have 2 other saws first, it would...
A part of me said it was a white oak, but when I stated cutting into it, it had red heart wood. Either way it's BTU's. :)
[IMG] [IMG] Thanks for the comments every one. I could not get these picture to load yesterday, and they are my favorite of the day....
DOND, not sure I did not really look. Still need to split it up so I'll take a look then.
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
Now that's a pretty pile of uglies.
Had a big red oak I have been putting off cutting down because it was near the power line. Finally decided to tackle it today. It had a good lean...
Glad to see you could turn a bad situation into some firewood .
Another easy way to find it is put on a new chain and start cutting. If all goes as Murphy plans you'll find it on the second cut.
When I put my feet up in front of the fire, I have to be sitting in a lawn chair in front the OWB. Biggest down fall is the squirrels keep hiding...
Welcome to the land of BTU's.
Smoking deal for sure. That will help in making BTU's out of rounds.
Never pictured the focus as a wood hauler. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do I guess. Those are some nice rounds.
Very nice, lots of BTU's there.