[ATTACH] Some of what I have put up so far this gardening season....60 quarts of tomato sauce; dill cucumber pickles, relishes, and cowboy candy....
Good morning. Got an early start on canning. Put up 10 pints of spicy green tomato relish which I just sampled on a toasted ham and cheese...
Good morning. It is 25f inland from the Lake Superior at this hour. Our youngest boy is up there now with some buddies. He is leading 5 other...
Pulled all the plants, used my fork to open up the soil a bit, added one wheelbarrow load of compost to each 4X8' bed, raked it smooth then...
Good day in the gardens today. First there was canning of green tomato relish, church, dug potatoes, and then preparing a few garlic beds....
I am left handed and left eye dominant. I have a bolt .22 that is right handed. It is my yard gun. All my shotguns are pumps. I shoot a Browning...
Good morning. I just got up wide awake after a vivid full color dream that included my long departed favorite bird hunting dog hanging out with me...
Highs touching 80 are predicted here next week. I don't think we will be seeing lows in the 60s for 6 or 7 months now. I have too many plants to...
Good morning. It is 37f at this hour. Tomatoes and pepper plants are not happy.
Good morning. We were up north and enjoyed some nice fall weather. Had one fire Sunday morning and filled the cabin mud room with firewood in...
Good morning. There is a nice cold front moving over us as we speak. The garden will soon be on borrowed time!
I buy seeds all over including the local hardware store, greenhouse, and grocery store...mostly burpee, livingston, and northrup king. My...
I just kept pushing the pieces through, but would estimate on the higher side of 10-12 cups. After all is shredded I mixed in about 2 tbsp of...
Everything went through my cheapo food processor set on "shred." It was one habanero and one head of garlic consisting of 7 large cloves.
Good late morning. I got stated early out in the garden and my outdoor kitchen which consists of our garage and my garden shed. [ATTACH] Tomato...
[ATTACH] This morning's work...11 quarts tomato sauce and 6 pints of zucchini relish. The relish was made with a mix of things entirely from my...
Use a food processor for shredded veggies. Some folks chop everything, but that takes a long time. Like jam you can adjust sugar for taste. I...
I just go by feel for my batches. I look at my shreddings of veggies and start from there. Typically I start with 3 or 4 cups of vinegar and 3 to...
Good morning. A thunderstorm is rumbling through. This is the one that is probably going to wash away summer heat for us until next June.
It is great on savory foods such as burgers, hot dogs, brats, sandwiches, eggs, fish, etc.. Shred up a bunch of zucchini, some onion, carrot,...