It's pretty nice, has a little curl, but amazing tight grained. Wife said "what are you gonna do with that stuff?" I said, "I have no idea"....lol
Extremely nice gesture of you Mike, I'm hoping someone can take you up on that kind offer..... One of the many reasons we love this place and the...
Been a while since I fired up the old "Hogleg"...I also got an MS880, but for the big sugar maple log I just milled into live edge, I used my...
I promise it will be worth the wait.....
That's a "thin" brick, I'd just get a new one and cut it to size.....
I'd say after a day or so, but it's probably gonna crack in half again... Might have to get a new brick. Is it a thin or thick brick?
They sell diamond tile bits for the rotary tools (like the Dremel and Rotozip) that would allow you to pen that hole up a bit. I have one in 1/4...
Get with Dave Smith (definitive dave), he's THE MAN for getting parts at a reasonable cost. He might be able to help. He can be hard to get...
Talk to huskihl, if you're gonna rebuild it, may as well make it a monster... Chvymn99 can elaborate....
Ooooh man, I can't like that one..... [ATTACH]
I wish I had the space for one.... I'd love to have a Lucas swing blade mill...they're expensive but man are they versatile and once they're set...
Yeah I am not 100% sure what it was yet, I'll know once I finish off that slab, but I'll be taking another round off of the butt end before I...
Yep it's frozen...
I went down late this afternoon after sharpening the 36" chain on my mill and gathering up all my milling gear...set up to mill the slab, milled...
Thank you dear!
It is hard work, especially starting back up heavy-duty after winter....lol. But the tools definitely are a game-changer...
Thanks for the kind words everyone, we really enjoy doing this work. I find it oddly satisfying and rewarding disassembling these majestic trees...
Look up the "bore cut" method, as well as the "Humboldt cut". Bot require some study and practice, bur both are great additions to your knowledge...
blacksmith and I hopped all through a couple hard maples the last two Saturday's, it was a fun job with the house, porch, dormer, service drops...
Excellent assessment!