Weather has been extremely nice for November here in Saskatchewan. It's a strange feeling with our quasi winter that October was, and here's the...
Just on the verge of freezing here again (warmed up this evening), but it's not going to get much colder tonight. Made for some interesting...
-8 C (15? F) and burning a few pieces of premium stuff. Just kidding, I found a few sticks of willow in the bottom of the box to go with the...
I don't see anything there that I'd worry about. Your firebricks are quite clean, and your ash looks burnt down to nothing, save for the black...
You have a good heart.
I have a different stove than you, but I like short cycling with a few pieces of wood. It's hard not to overheat your place sometimes with...
How long is a string?:D Kidding aside, it all depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. In moderate weather I short cycle a lot of the time...
Sitting at -10 C (14 F) at the moment. Burning poplar as always.:)
That's a heck of an idea! I'll have to try something like that.
I don't have much for chimney height, so she's a bit sluggish off the line in warmer weather. Anywhere below -8 C though, and she gets choochin...
Feels like winter here, temp was -14 C (7 F) this morning.:shiver:
Running low so I made a batch of trailer park firestarters.[ATTACH]
Totally agree that something isn't right. If the cap is that hot, how hot is the rest of the pipe lower down?
For us guys with easy access, chimney sweeping is nothing but peace of mind.:)
Our snow came back yesterday, and then half disappeared. Woke up to -8 C ( 17 F) this morning.
I went back and walked it, no tire hazards, and an abundance of small saplings that are a non threat to F-150. The trees are easy to get at, but...
I started using little 1 oz paper portion cups bought from the Real Canadian Wholesale Store (everyone just calls them Wholesale). They're the...
Looks like some decent groceries.:yes:
So what you're saying is, after two wheelbarrow loads, I'll find the best path to drive in with the truck and hope for the best?:D
I found a spot (kind of a cut block by power lines) where I spied some easy pickings if I could drive in. Trees at most 20 feet where they stand....