She ran just fine.:thumbs:
Oh yeah, I'm not concerned that the meat has went bad in the sense of bacteria causing food poisoning. Strictly in the sense of being "off" or too...
I'm gonna thaw it and go from there. I've had 2 year old deer meat that was fine, except for one edge freezer burnt, but otherwise no funky odor...
Those clouds of smoke pouring out looks like heaven.
Judging by the label on the package, we still had a 2 deer limit back in 2012. I'm gonna thaw this bad boy out tomorrow and have a look. Any bets...
A few more fun facts all said and done. We've since been back to the spot where I shot, and it's a closer bet to 180 meters. Managed just over...
Sitting at -3 C (26 F) for today and just waiting for the cold to roll in tomorrow or the next day.
I always like reading hunting tales, so I'm glad you guys enjoyed mine. Added bonus to all of this (besides a ton of meat), is the dogs are super...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Bound to hit sometime! It's already messing with our heads, so warm and yet dark so soon. The little wood reactor is ready to stretch it's legs...
Yup, the good old Canadian winter is gonna roll in like a boss!
But poor old Rover might be pyrolized now. One day he might just go up!:rofl: :lol:
Well, it's been above normal temps, but probably hanging around 28 F that day.
Thanks guys, I didn't even have time to get keyed up until after the shot. Once I confirmed he was staying put I walked back to the truck and then...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Was a pretty short season for me this year, as I got er wrapped up on the 3rd evening. A little driving around, a little walk the bush and tree...
[ATTACH] Shot this guy with my phone camera this afternoon when we were driving to our spot.
Totally understand that, sometimes life gets in the way. I think I had that year back in 2010 and got a doe and then one just like that late in...
As long as it's legal, it's all good. I pass on the young ones now myself, but a deer is a deer.:yes: That's going to be some tender venison!
I've witnessed the same wisps of smoke now and then when there should be none. I had a thought on this though... Ever notice that when you have...