Woke up to -22 C (-7 F) and if you like windchill thrown in, -31 C (-23 F). Poplar and one stick of pine for stove food .
I'm guilty of hauling away everything I cut, even down to 1.5"-2" sticks. Work great for kindling or just little short cycles of heat. Throw 'em...
After cooking it for a bit it still had a bit of funk. Dogs haven't minded though!
That's a bit on the chilly side! Yeah no doubt we'll all get our share of the cold soon enough. The 14 day forecast tells me it's going to get...
Sitting at -16 C (3 F) at the moment, -25 C (-13 F) if you count the wind chill factor.
I don't know how I feel about a country that let's you buy children and put them to work...:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::D All in good fun of course.
All that kind of stuff is great. I'm all over wood like that. Sure you find some garbage on it, but it don't take long to cut a pile of wood...
Can you go scrounge dry deadfall? You might not care for poplar, but it throws some decent heat.
Sounds about the same for us here, bouncing between -20 to -27 C overnight lows over the next 5 days. On a side note, I just went and axed a hole...
Don't wait until spring to bust up those big rounds, let the cold weather help you along! :D:axe:
For a rough idea, do you guys have milk crates? Or the ability to build yourself a 12 inch by 12 inch by 12 inch box? Milk crates around here are...
Sitting at -16 C (3 F) here this morning. On the bright side of things though, my short stack quits being fussy around -8 C, and the stove eats...
Looking at -15 C (5 F) not counting the wind tonight. Poplar and pine in the reactor.:fire:
I think it would be hard to say based on the info. I googled kilowatt/hr, and apparently there are 3,412 btu's in one kwh. Are you saying your...
Forgot the pic[ATTACH]
Well, apparently 4 years is pushing it. Has a bit of freezer burn and that off flavor smell. It still has the silver skin (I dunno why I never...
Looks nice!
Our weather is pegged for -9 C overnight then -10 c in the morning. It only gets cooler from there, so I'd say she's going to be back to normal.
Well that's a bit on the brisk side! Is that normal start of December for the area, or a cold snap?
-6 C (21? F) at the moment. Wood shed floor garbage and poplar going.