Interesting read from a UNH study: Gypsy moth caterpillars prefer oaks, apples, birches, poplars, and willows. Less preferred species are ashes,...
Missed this. Thanks.
Yeah, this 'woke' culture has gone beyond ridiculous. I would assume that naming the caterpillar has absolutely nothing to do with the...
I was born and raised in the state and don't recall ever seeing it this bad. Definitely going to devastate the oak population. I have seen some...
And that leads into another concern. My biggest fear up here is forest fires (especially with all the tourists and their naivete with fireworks...
We've been hit hard in my area this year by the gypsy moth caterpillars and some areas look more like late November than mid-July. I realize many...
The weather has definitely made firewood processing somewhat difficult this summer. We had an abnormally low snowpack last winter coupled with an...
As others have said, if possible I would keep the oak separate. Oak is the only thing I try to separate in my stacks. Even though I'm now on the...
I've noticed over time you end up processing a lot of softwood. Just curious if a lot of that is just due to trail maintenance/clearing and you...
Bet it feels good to have that stacked at home where you can process it at your leisure. Mother Nature has been off her meds this summer and it's...
I 100% agree with you. Heat and humidity just sap the life out of me, and I've always shifted gears after Independence Day and gone into planning...
I spent too many years deployed to hot climates and I despise summer. Heck, I turn my A/C on at 65 degrees. Looking forward to shoulder season and...
They come with one drain (with a screw-in plug) already installed so currently I am trying them with just the single drain. Since they are raised,...
So far so good with the new raised beds. The cooler weather and intermittent rain have really been a help. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
South to you, east to me, but north to the flatlanders. Just listen for banjoes when you drive through Lovell :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
We see that a lot here as well. First good winter and the for sale signs pop up in the snowbanks. I think some of the flatlanders who moved up...
Lots of flatlanders escaping up here to the north country and making the real estate market disgustingly insane. The next house down my road...
We're in D1 right now. Extended forecast is showing rain starting in the next few hours and chances of strong storms every day through the weekend...
I've had friends (and others) ask me why I have so much firewood and why I am always looking for more (they call it a borderline obsession). Other...
Amen to that!