Hoping for the best for you with the Lyme test results, that stuff is no joke. The woman that lives across the road from me (about the same age as...
Not sure about over your way however there are several factors affecting our black bear incursions this year. The drought is having an effect on...
WOW! That looks incredible!! Hopefully someday I'll have mine set up in an area where I can make it look as nice.
This has probably been discussed elsewhere, however I have not seen a post. Woke up today to a haze and a strong acrid odor (almost like an...
What's next, a Starbucks at the corner of the road?
Good question. For the IBC totes to be worth spending $$ on for me, I would want to have a place to store them under cover (i.e., a pole barn)....
If I had an indoor site to store the totes once they were full, then they might hold more appeal for me. This is the cheapest I have seen in a...
Only thing I can harvest so far is some lettuce however everything else is growing well (although the zucchini plants have somewhat overtaken the...
Gunpowder and lead. [ATTACH]
The pics were from bear camp last fall. Luckily for me, bear camp is a friend's house across the street from me!
I'm holding out for an armored snowcat! [ATTACH]
If I had more of the metal roofing or something similar, I would not bother to uncover once the snow melted. Unfortunately, I'm still using tarps...
Nothing beats good chow cooked over a fire! (Cowboy steaks and duck l'orange in the pics). [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Obviously the veterans on here know the pros and cons to this however I often see questions about whether or not to cover stacks, and if it really...
I don't think the beech harvest is a good indication. The last two years, we had a heavy beech and acorn crop and the winters were mild (some...
Black bear love them as well. I do a lot of bear hunting in areas full of beech trees. Whoops, just saw that Backwoods Savage beat me to this.
Not going to complain about the forecast for the rest of July. One day at 79 next week however the rest of the month is showing most days in the...
If you have someplace to put the IBC totes permanently (or at least they do not need to be moved once filled), they can be moved around by hand...
Looks a lot like bur oak.
Our white birch trees have been hit hard (predominant species of birch around here). Since they're naturally just a weaker tree, and it doesn't...