Temps have been up and down but the cold is definitely on its way (finally). [ATTACH]
I'm in the group that says split. If I have a decent block of time that can be spent in the wood lot, then I prefer to split than stack...
There is definitely something to be said for being able to hop on the sled and not have to trailer it. I'm lucky enough to be able to get on a...
I've used a sled to move heavy rounds over soft terrain many times (obviously works better when there is snow or ice on the ground). Just drug a...
I was born and raised around our NH mountains and I love them, but brother, they ain't nothing like the scenery you have in Alaska. [ATTACH]
No list of mountain man books would be complete without Crow Killer (which is what the movie Jeremiah Johnson is supposedly based on). [ATTACH]
I have a couple sets of log tongs (from Northern Tool) that I've used over the last 12+ years with no issues (mainly when winching logs out of the...
:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: You're correct. Cool picture but the chaos in the wood lot would send my borderline OCD into overdrive.
Doh, Warner beat me to it.
I think you're thinking of the knucklehead that set off 80 pounds of Tannerite at a gender reveal party. Explosion in New Hampshire quarry latest...
That cedar road looks great! I second what thewoodlands said about using chips. I have a lot of swampy areas on my property and have used wood...
Works great at roping in the flatlanders from the south and the hippies from the west! [ATTACH]
I feel your pain. Had a black bear topple one of my stacks a couple weeks ago. Heard a noise around 0300 and when I shined a light out back, there...
Good point. I have matching Ruger Guide Guns (like the one below) in .3oo Win Mag and .375 Ruger and the recoil on the bolt actions is definitely...
While stacking isn't my favorite part of the whole firewood process, I do take the time to make decent stacks (for no one's benefit but myself)....
It was a good lung shot at approx. 30 yards using an Excalibur Micro 355.
Very nice! Congrats!
LOL. My older shepherd always slept on his back like that as well. Hauling this out was like hauling 260 pounds of jello, and this was the only...
There was a Spring Bear post earlier this year and there's a 2021 Deer Season post so why not a Fall 2021 Bear Season post as well? Managed to...
Yes. Everything is permitted and legal. We have two disabled people in our group, and this is the only way they can get out to hunt.