That is a lot for a half day! When we had 3 people on the machine, we could clear a cord in about 90 minutes. Now I'm splitting by hand, mostly...
Hey that looks good! That'll be a few hours splitting/cutting. Weather good for that where you are? I've been out early in the AM (sunrise) to...
Yup, definitely take more frequent breaks, drink like a fish....sweat like a pig....and hopefully xxxx like a racehorse. Body armor is a good...
Northern CT got whomped a couple of times. Much needed. Steamy will be later on today. Sca
Another beautiful morning here before work. Everything's wet from lastnights rain, splitting on squishy ground is a first. But man, what a...
Stumpy made a similar remark when planning out our last weekend of wooding, "you have 2 speeds, balls to the wall and sleep". I'll take a break...
Looks like a nice place to hang out, and with family! Sca
It would be nice if we got that kind of weather here! Thats a lot of glass. Must be a big wood stove somewhere in back! Sca
I've done that very same thing. Took two weeks to get 3ish cord (all css) in and stacked. One saturday a friend and I made 3 trips, I didn't...
Im afraid the tops of my score will be the same. But, if the major branches and trunk are good, Ill be happy!
Looks like EAB got to them. I'll be in the same boat in a few weeks, friend taking down 6 ash trees, leaving the wood for me. Nice score!! Sca
Also, my thoughts on recuperating cost: electric costs are not going down. They're downright sodomy here in CT. Then, what are they worth given...
All the White Oak from the pic above got split and stacked today. The Oak split nicely, as good as last weekend's Hickory. My friend's (not the...
Yeah, my maul found a few. Trees fell on rocks, and piles of rocks. Thankfully, my chains never found a rock!
So I've been remiss in posting pics of the fun. They have 20 acres ish, wild critters abound here. Its good to hear roosters in the distance. I...
I went saturday morning, 5am, to pick up the Red Maple I split friday before and after work. Filled the truck and trailer full and stacked it. I...
Man thats a buncha wood! How many cord do you figure that is? You planning a trip or two a day? Nice score!
Same thing that happens when I take my shirt off to split wood in January. Or the say 'I didnt think they let those things out of water...' Sca
For the maul, a couple of mill files. If its really bad, then to the grinding wheel. When I used wedges, I too too dresed them with a bevel...
Nunna the stuff I split today was that bad; grain fairly straight and clear, stringy but split largely along the grain. The tree fell over the...