Back in the days of pine boxes and a graveside service. Nonna this concrete, multi thousand dollar boxes... What a neat spot, and cool tree find!
I couldn't upload pics this morning. Here are the piles moved. I took a TON of rounds, Iron Wood down to 1", White Oak and Pine down to 2 or 3",...
Awesome! Makes felling fun!
Not burning much now, the oddball confidential document I suppose. But, a couple weeks ago, I burned the rule book from my last job. I figured a...
MikeInMa: Way easier than Elm. Some Red Maple is difficult enough I just stopped. Others split rather satraight and easy. buZZsaw BRAD : i'm ok...
Saturday, got the 2 piles of White Oak to the storage yard. Turned out to be about a cord, mostly White Oak, some W. Pine, Ironwood, Red Maple,...
Hey welcome to the forum Son of a Woodcutter ! It will be interesting to hear stories and tales of work and wood burning from your piece of the...
TOH, Asia.
It's here as well, not sure how long here in CT. But they're here. My next big volume job is 100% ash, 6ish trees, all large. And all mine. But...
Lotsa electrolyte drinks and water. Hoarding doesnt stop for heat. But it does slow down, more breaks, a little more relaxed. Sweating is...
After the wet northeast summer last year, I'm ok with drier this year. Although we do need the water. Last year, our wood didn't dry too well,...
Thats exactly it. Few hours as time permits, early in the day if need be... Wednesdays work was about the same size pile as todays (pic). This was...
Looking forward to pics of splits now!! Looks good. Sca
It took a bit to get moving. It feels good to do a brief stretch Though. Probably should take a walk to get the body warmed up.
Awesome!! Thats a good feeling.
Rinse and repeat from yesterday..... Rain just before I got to the farm, less of a sunrise today. A wet day in the woods is better than a sunny...
Awesome! Where does that put you toward a 3 year plan? Sca
Egads.... On thinking about it, I grew up with a hammock strung between 2 pines. I recall seeing those screw eyes dissappear into the bark. Same...
That's still an impressive pile. I get good cardio at work (no longer a desk-jockey) and a good hard workout with the maul. That will stop at...
Honey are you glad to see me, or is there a snake .....